Sunday, October 27, 2013
MLM Recruiting Strategy-Stop Giving Presentations
If you have been reading my blog posts for awhile, you know that Tom Schreiter is one of my favorite mlm mentors. In a recent "Big Al Report", he gave some advice which may sound strange to most of us. He said to stop giving presentations. Now, everybody knows when it comes to any business, and not just mlm, you have to give presentations or else your business will never grow. If you will take the time to read on, there is a method to the madness it may appear Tom is sharing. In fact, what he shared made pretty good sense!
Don"t Give Presentations by Big Al
Tom "Big Al" Schreiter here.
I only had 30 minutes during this conference training call, just enough time to irritate the listeners by telling them that their presentations were useless.
They protested by saying their prospects were different. Their prospects make the final decision to join their business based upon ... (and this is funny) ... FACTS!
So I challenged them about some of the killer facts they had about their business. Here are some of the facts and my comments:
* "We are the 17th largest MLM company in the world." - Gee, if size mattered, why wouldn't the prospect join one of the 16 companies larger than you?
* "We are the 37th fastest growing company in the INC 500 list." - Wow. Why should I take a slow grower like you when I could pick an even faster grower? I've got 36 better candidates to choose from.
* "Our product is patented." - Let's see. About a few million other products are patented, too. And most patents require an investment of a couple hundred dollars to get the paperwork. Not too impressive.
* "We pay out a full 50% in our compensation plan." - Well, if I should make a decision based upon percentage payout of a compensation plan, then maybe I should join one of the hundreds of programs that pay out more than 50%.
* "We are a 17-year-old debt-free company." - If length of time was the decision factor, shouldn't I join a company that is older than yours? And wouldn't debt-free mean that your accounting department didn't know how to use leverage to lower its costs? Ouch.
* "Our chief scientist taught at a prestigious medical school." - This sounds more like my scientist can beat up your scientist. So should I join a company who has a better scientist who got some cool awards, or maybe a Nobel Prize?
* "Our management team has 84 years of combined networking experience." - Well, I have 60 years of dieting experience, and that doesn't make me thin. So are you telling me that I should join a different company who has a management team with more than 84 years' networking experience?
* "Our secret ingredient has more antioxidants than their secret ingredient." - So if I join your company, and I find another company that has 2 more units of antioxidants, then I will have to quit your company and join them?
Okay, starting to see a pattern yet? I am sure you get the point. It is not the facts in our presentation that affect our prospects' decisions.
Stop using presentations to get prospects to make decisions. Instead, learn the skills of how to close and how to do our business instead of living in some fantasy world where we think that facts make a difference.
As a wise man once said, "Figure it out."
Tom 'Big Al' Schreiter
Fortune Network Publishing
PO Box 890084
Houston, TX 77289 USA
Resources To Help You Grow Your Business
My Personal Blog: Monique's Home Based Business Tips http://moniques-home-based-business-tips.blogspot.com
Pre-sell non-networkers. Easy-to-use .pdf brochure, no cost: http://www.fortunenow.com/public/107.cfm
Do You Make These Social Networking Mistakes? http://roxannegreen.com/960/do-you-make-these-social-networking-mistakes/
The Big Al Complete Library Special: Volume 1 + Volume 2 + Bonuses! Now you can learn every magic sentence, every story technique, the "One-Minute Presentation," super recruiting skills and more. http://www.fortunenow.com/products/item2.cfm
What to say to the "Red" personality ... You often hear me talk about the four different "color" personalities. Yes, one of the 25 basic skills is the "color" personalities. It makes us communicate more effectively. http://bit.ly/aE86mv
MLM Leads and Prospects: A better way! If you are looking for leads, or even buying leads - please watch this first. You want to say the right things to prospects. http://bit.ly/bxUcaj
The MLM Secret Code for "No." How to understand when prospects are telling us "No" - and the 9 words that make all the difference in your business. http://bit.ly/czmSto
3 ways to Brand Your Business: http://www.manta.com/marketing/become-your-own-brand?referid=14352
"How to Double Your Traffic by Writing Irresistible Headlines" Webinar http://headlinehacks.com/watch-aweber-replay/
The Big Al Report by Tom Schreiter: http://www.BigAlReport.com
"Fortune Now" by Tom Schreiter: http://www.fortunenow.com
Complimentary Four Day Postcard Marketing Course
"How to Build Your Small Business Fast With Simple Postcards" (New 2011 Edition)
'Low-Cost Marketing Secrets'
'How to Build a High-Profit Business on a Low-Impact Budget'
This three-minute video explains why the first 17 seconds are so important:
For your extremely shy new distributors, here is a short video to help them become better around people. Get five great ideas in less than four minutes - and you'll smile. http://bit.ly/mT6wSq
If you are brave enough to give your downline a test to see if they know what
they are doing, here is an easy test you can download. Oh, and the answers are
We have a bunch of great training CDs with scratched labels. Learn the
"One-Minute Presentation" and "How To Manipulate And Control The Minds Of Others For Fun And Profit" + ... well, just go to: http://www.fortunenow.com/public/527.cfm
Big Al: The 6 Levels Of Communication. http://www.mastermindevent.com/blog/sixlevels/
Big Al: The greatest Network Marketing first sentence. http://www.mastermindevent.com/blog/greatestfirstsentence/
Big Al: So, How Much Money Have YOU Made In Network Marketing? http://www.masterminde
VIDEO: Don't give up on your dreams, just SHRINK THEM! Say what? http://www.mastermindevent.com/blog/dreamcircle/
Video: Network Marketers are Job Creators! http://www.mastermindevent.com/blog/jobcreators/
Video: Conflict Resolution http://www.mastermindevent.com/blog/conflictresolution/