Sunday, July 15, 2012
I was reading a recent "Big Al Report" from Tom Schreiter. In the newsletter which was packed full of network marketing recruiting ideas, he talked about duplication and get this, why it DOES NOT WORK.
Some of you are probably already getting fired up just hearing that duplication does not work. However, before you go off, take a breath and let Tom explain exactly what he means. I believe Tom was right and I think you'll agree with me after you think about what he's saying.
The Duplication Myth by Tom Schreiter
I have an opinion on duplication ... it makes people mad ... especially those who teach duplication. You don't have to agree with this opinion, but here goes.
Why duplication doesn't work.
* Mary has a million-dollar smile. Whenever she smiles, people want to talk to her, and she gets a chance to share her business. But not everyone in Mary's downline has this amazing smile. So should I tell Mary not to smile since her amazing smile can't be duplicated by everyone in her downline?
* Joe hands out audio CDs, and then puts the prospect on a three-way call with his upline. But, some of Joe's downline are hearing-impaired, and so are their prospects. So should I tell Joe not to use this method since it can't be duplicated by everyone in his downline?
* Let's say my sponsor is Alice. Her natural market is recruiting at the women's Rotary Club. Can I duplicate that? No. I'd need a sex change operation. Should Alice not use her natural market? Of course she should. That's her strength.
* Ella is a doctor. She loves to share her company's products with her patients. So should I tell Ella not to share her products with her patients since it can't be duplicated by everyone in her downline?
* John has an unusually large extended family and plenty of local relatives. So should I tell John not to share his opportunity with his relatives since not everyone in his downline is fortunate enough to have as many relatives?
* My friend Charles sells mailing lists. He has 10,000 customers who trust him. What if I sponsor Charles and say this, "Charles, don't go to your natural market. It's not duplicable. No one else has 10,000 good customers. Instead, use my system of sitting with your neighbor with a flip chart." Charles would laugh in my face.
* Bill makes a driving mistake and hits another car. The owner suffers a neck injury, but Bill generously gives him some magic vitamins. The other driver recovers and becomes Bill's best leader. Because this is how Bill found his best leader, Bill insists his downline duplicate his methods. Insane.
I hate the telephone, but I have loads of people who use it exclusively. I have people who use ads, use social media, leads services, party plans, breakfast clubs, referrals and many, many other ways to meet their prospects ... and they all work!
==> Usually duplication advocates have another agenda such as selling you their duplication materials.
My philosophy is this:
"Duplicate the results, not the activity."
Give people the freedom to choose the most pleasant activity for them that gets the job done. For some people, it is talking over a cup of coffee. Others enjoy talking on the telephone.
Now, if their way isn't getting the job done, they have a choice.
1. Learn the skills to make their preferred method work, or
2. Choose a different way to build the business.
We want to duplicate results (sponsoring and building leaders).
We don't need to duplicate unique activities to get these results.
Tom 'Big Al' Schreiter
Fortune Network Publishing
PO Box 890084
Houston, TX 77289 USA
Do you now understand what Tom is saying? Learn the skills of sponsoring and building leaders, duplicate THIS, and our team will grow! Take action on learning the skills. Don't meake excuses!
Remember to always visit the business building resources below.
To Your Success,
Be a Mentor with A Servant's Heart
Resources To Help You Grow Your Business
"Success in 10 Steps" The ebook recommended by Tom Schreiter and
Michael Dlouhy which teaches you how to build a successful mlm business in 10 easy steps.
My Personal Blog: Monique's Home Based Business Tips
"How to Double Your Traffic by Writing Irresistible Headlines" Webinar http://headlinehacks.com/watch-aweber-replay/
The Big Al Report by Tom Schreiter: http://www.BigAlReport.com
"Fortune Now" by Tom Schreiter: http://www.fortunenow.com
How to get your first 927 customers: http://mixergy.com/course-cheat-sheet-927-users/?awt_l=5mDcB&awt_m=J7DxQP1cY22SOy
How to position your company so customers think of you first: http://mixergy.com/course-cheat-sheet-positioning/?awt_l=5mDcB&awt_m=IoFTP4gaU22SOy
Complimentary Four Day Postcard Marketing Course
"How to Build Your Small Business Fast With Simple Postcards" (New 2011 Edition)
'Low-Cost Marketing Secrets'
'How to Build a High-Profit Business on a Low-Impact Budget'