I was browsing over at http://www.ezinearticles.com and came across an article about how to effectively use forums to build your network marketing business. When it come to tips on network marketing and what marketing tools you should have in your toolbox, forum marketing is one to consider.
I say this because forums are a great way to build relationships and get to know other people in the mlm profession. If you participate in forums with no agenda and focus on providing content others business builders value and stick to the forum rules, you will have no trouble finding people to talk to about your mlm business when the time is right.
So, let's take a look at 8 ways to use forums to build your business.
8 Important Forum Marketing Tips Every Marketer Should Know
Forum marketing is a great free marketing strategy and it can be a very effective way to generate leads for your network marketing business. Nevertheless, there are several things to keep in mind.
As with any free marketing technique, the compromise is you are investing your time instead of your money, so be sure to follow these 8 suggestions so you can be sure you are spending that time wisely and efficiently!
8 Important Tips For Effective Forum Marketing:
1. Nobody cares about your business. Let me repeat that. Nobody cares about your business. The very last thing you want to do is join a forum and then begin pitching your business opportunity. Instead, join the conversation and share some expertise when appropriate.
You're joining the forum to get to know other people, form relationships, gain knowledge, share information and help each other out. Over time, as you offer beneficial advice and information to the discussions you get involved in, the community will begin to recognize you as a leader. Remember, people join people and they are looking for leaders!
2. It is crucial that any and all links belong in your signature. It doesn't matter if it's for an affiliate offer or your primary business, links go in your signature. That's why it's there in the first place! The only exception is when you are providing a link to information or a helpful website, not affiliate offers or landing pages though.
Provide value and get involved in the conversations on the forums. Be a leader and other members will become interested in you, which is when they will go to your signature to find out more about you.
3. Don't waste your signature by placing links to generic company websites. You've taken the time to build good relationships with the community and offered them valuable advice and information. The last thing they want is to land on a generic company website when they click on the link in your signature.
Most forums have space to put a couple of links, so one can definitely be to your own personally branded website/capture page. For example, if you are involved with a generic lead generation system like MyLeadSystemPro, which can assist other network marketers grow their business...that would be a terrific place to send them!
4. Don't be a know-it-all. It's critical to be secure and exhibit leadership, but be considerate of other people and be mindful to not act like you know absolutely everything, because nobody likes that!!
5. Don't be afraid to join a forum on a subject matter other than home business. For example, if you're really into golf, it's okay to join a golf forum and use your signature to say something like "Earning money online yet? I can show you how."
6. Be consistent. Don't go joining eight different forums all at once because that won't accomplish anything. It's much more efficient to choose 1-3, depending on how much time you have to dedicate to your marketing. It would serve you better to be more involved on fewer forums than being less involved on a greater number of forums.
Once you join, get involved. Don't just sit back and watch over the discussion! You should expect to devote 3-6 days a week, especially in the beginning. It's important to set aside a certain amount of time to spend on each forum because, if not, time will just slip away!!
7. Be patient. It's unfair to expect that you can join a few forums and then have hundreds of leads the next week. Keep in mind that this marketing method is effective, but you have to be patient. It takes time, but if you stick with it, it can be a great marketing method. As always, you are either spending time or money. With forum marketing, it's most certainly your time.
8. Make sure to get involved on forums that get a lot of visitors. Use sites such as Alexa.com to help you with determining some active forums to get involved on. The following are three examples of great forums for network marketers to join:
- Warrior Forum
- Better Networker
- Rich Dad
It looks like it's time to wrap things up! As with any other marketing strategy, stick with it and be consistent. It won't happen overnight, but forum marketing can be a great place to find leads for your business. It can also be a good place to learn some new things, so don't forget to do that while you're there!
If you are going to implement forum marketing into your marketing campaign, it's important to understand how to do it correctly. Lynne and Chad are passionate about teaching other network marketers how to market their business. Once you learn how to generate leads online, you will be on your way to a successful home business.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lynne_Eribourne
I thought Lynn had some great stuff to share about forum marketing. I have been in all 3 forums she recommends and they truly are good places to join and become part of the community! So, take advantage of this and make sure you include this tip on network marketing in your marketing toolbox.
To Your Success,
Be a Mentor with A Servant's Heart
Resources To Help You Grow Your Business
"Success in 10 Steps" The ebook recommended by Tom Schreiter and
Michael Dlouhy which teaches you how to build a successful mlm business in 10 easy steps.
"How to Double Your Traffic by Writing Irresistible Headlines" Webinar http://headlinehacks.com/watch-aweber-replay/
The Big Al Report by Tom Schreiter: http://www.BigAlReport.com
"Fortune Now" by Tom Schreiter: http://www.fortunenow.com
Complimentary Four Day Postcard Marketing Course
"How to Build Your Small Business Fast With Simple Postcards" (New 2011 Edition)
'Low-Cost Marketing Secrets'
'How to Build a High-Profit Business on a Low-Impact Budget'