Each week, I receive emails filled with tips on network marketing from leaders who are serious and dedicated to building their mlm business's.
I recently received such an email from Mr. Mike Sherratt, a leader who is doing a fantastic job using the internet to effectively to build his mlm. What I appreciate about Mike is that he is willing to share his knowledge with all of us, no matter what company we are with.
In his email, Mike talked about how to build your list like a pro. Having a list is highly beneficial to you and Mike shared some great marketing tips on how to accomplish this. I thought I'd share it with you. Make sure you take some notes!
Listbuilding like the PROS by Mike Sherratt
While you can certainly build a business on the Internet without having a list, a list will provide you with a lot more flexibility and options. There are benefits to having a list...
* You don't have to start over and find new people to sell to. You already have a ready-made group of people who have decided that they want to hear what you have to say and have probably already bought from you.
* Typically, if you've built a targetted list and treated your subscribers well by sharing valuable information (as opposed to continually promoting to them), the bigger your list, the more money you can make.
* If you are an affiliate marketer, having a responsive list can help you to become a Super Affiliate, which not only equates to more income - it also means that you may have a chance to win cool prizes in affiliate contests. Being a Super Affiliate also means that you can becoming sought after for large launches.
List building however, requires bringing traffice to your website. Here are some ways to get traffic and build your list.
1. Give them something for free. This is the obvious way however, make your free item something other than the usual pdf ebook.
Consider creating a podcast (mp3) with an expert, or even yourself sharing some great tips about your niche. You can also have someone interview you and record the interview to give away. Another idea is to create a video demonstrating a 'secret technique' or discussing some of your strategies in a visual way? If your software developer, why not give away some software in exchange for their email address?
2. Post on your blog regularly - using your chosen keywords. Try this - write a blog post (with good content and keywords) every day for 2 weeks and check your traffic stats - you should have more traffic! Do You?
3. Giveaway events are another way to build your list - make sure you create an opt-in page so that you can get the email address.
It's important to make sure your offer is something that stands out in the sea of all the other Giveaway offers.
4. Build a Squidoo lens or Hub Page and point people to your site. Squidoo lens and Hub Pages are fun to put together, and relatively quickly to make. Take advantage of it and generate some traffic to your site.
5. Write articles and submit them to directories like Ezine Articles. Be sure to use your chosen keywords to the article and create an author resource box that will encourage people to click through to your site. Create articles that have great content and are informative - the content doesn't have to be your best writing, but it should still be good.
6. What forums exist in your niche? Join a forum (or 2 or 3) and set up your signature to graciously promote what you do. The way (and when) you set up your signature block completely depends on the forum - make sure you read the Terms of Service first. When creating your signature, remember to 'sell a benefit' and get readers curious enough to click through.
7. Ad Swaps are certainly an excellent way to grow your list fast and effectively. Find another business in your niche that has a similar size list (or similar response) and send each others offers of a free item to your own list. The key is, to plan your swaps with offers that will appeal to your niche and not to do it too often, as you will 'desensitize' your list.
8. Twitter is another great resource to help you generate traffic to your site. A well written, 140 character tweet can entice people to want to know more and click through.
9. Pay Per Click advertising can be an effective way of traffic generation. A well designed AdWords campaign will be seen on a number of others people sites - and increase your reach incredibly. Spend some time developing your AdWords campaign to make sure you pay the 'right' price for the advertising.
10. If you like to write and you have something valuable to say, guest blogging is a good way to go. Blogging on your own blog means you have your readers, blogging on other people's blogs (preferably higher traffic blogs) means you have their readers too, and these people will see your name AND your link.
Building traffic to your site, and list building, requires work from you - it doesn't happen overnight and whilst you can outsource a lot of the work, understanding the basics will definitely help you. Building your list will most certainly help you create a sustainable, and profitable business.
Mike shared a lot of tips on network marketing related to list building. If you learn how to do at least 1-3 things well, you will find yourself with a great list of qualified people to relate to!
Remember to also check out the business building resources below as well!
To Your Success,
Be a Mentor with A Servant's Heart
Resources To Help You Grow Your Business
"Success in 10 Steps" The ebook recommended by Tom Schreiter and
Michael Dlouhy which teaches you how to build a successful mlm business in 10 easy steps.
"How to Double Your Traffic by Writing Irresistible Headlines" Webinar http://ping.fm/YXmH1
The Big Al Report by Tom Schreiter: http://ping.fm/1jAvn
"Fortune Now" by Tom Schreiter: http://ping.fm/imkUt
Complimentary Four Day Postcard Marketing Course
"How to Build Your Small Business Fast With Simple Postcards" (New 2011 Edition)
'Low-Cost Marketing Secrets'
'How to Build a High-Profit Business on a Low-Impact Budget'