As a rep, there are many network marketing prospecting techniques you can use to build your home based business.
I was just reading an article by Tom, Big Al, Schreiter about network marketing prospecting. Tom was recommending six specific areas for reps to become more skilled at. He stated that if distributors become a simple 10% better in the six areas, the difference it would make in our business would be significant.
It was great stuff so I thought I'd share it with you. So, here you go, six easy network marketing prospecting techniques to get just a little bit better at.
Six Things You Can Do Now To Get More Prospects by Tom Schreiter
If you just got 10% better in each of these six areas, the compounding effect would make you almost twice as effective in your business.
And getting 10% better isn't hard. It just takes a little bit of effort to improve.
1. What you say. Words make a difference. Most distributors are unable to write down word-for-word their opening sentence. Or, they are unable to write down word-for-word their best one-sentence close. Learning exactly what to say will make a huge difference.
2. When you say it. In my leadership training, we show people the importance of timing. One example: how one person's timing changes back and forth many times a day. Think about it. Say the right thing, but if the timing for that person is all wrong, it's a formula for disaster.
3. Where you say it. This is where "positioning" can make a difference. While this isn't nearly as important as the first two factors, why not put every advantage on your side?
4. How you say it. Tonality allows us to say even the cruelest truths, and prospects will accept it without prejudice. The tone of our voice makes a huge difference.
5. Why you say it. Your prospect picks up your "intentions" with sophisticated programs in their subconscious minds. Texans have a way of describing this by saying: "Dogs know who to bite." People can smell insecurity, insincerity, and desperation.
6. Who you say it to. While we shouldn't prejudge prospects, some prospects are farther along in their self-development than others. So if you have a choice, why not talk to prospects who have already overcome some of the self-imposed limitations we all create within ourselves?
Prospecting is the lifeblood of our business. Failing to learn this skill will punish us the rest of our careers.
You can't buy prospecting skills by purchasing leads (names of strangers), you can't log into prospecting skills (that "automatic, do everything" web site), you can't blog about prospecting ... you just have to learn the actual skills of prospecting by talking to "live" people.
Want to learn more prospecting skills? Want to be a serious networker?
Learn what the pros know about prospecting at:
Tom 'Big Al' Schreiter
Fortune Network Publishing
PO Box 890084
Houston, TX 77289 USA
PO Box 890084, Houston, TX 77289 USA
Wow. I think Tom has nailed it here. When it comes to these 6 specific network marketing prospecting techniques, its going to take time, commitment, and practice. The great news is that becoming even 10% better will make a big difference. Imagine if you became 15, 20, or even 50% better?!
Why not take some time to learn these skills today! To learn more network marketing prospecting techniques, visit http://moniques-home-based-business-tips.blogspot.com/2011/10/network-marketing-prospecting_30.html
To Your Success,
Be a Mentor with A Servant's Heart
P.S. Click here to download Success in 10 Steps. The ebook recommended by Tom Schreiter and Michael Dlouhy which teaches you how to build a successful mlm business in 10 easy steps.