Image by Noud! via FlickrToday's network marketing training tip has to do with how to get prospects qualified before you even bring up your business opportunity.Today, all of us are very busy. The last thing we want to do is to waste our time and our prospects time trying to jam a business opportunity down their throats when it won't work for them.
In a recent "Big Al Report", Tom, Big Al, Schrieter gives us some ideas on how to "qualify" a person. Here is what he recommends:
Tell your prospect that he must "qualify" to join your program.
You could say this:
"Mr. Prospect, I don't want you to join my business if it's not for you. So, before you make a decision, do this. Come to next week's opportunity meeting and bring two guests. After the meeting, see how your guests react. See how you feel about our business. And then, make a decision."
Here is what happens.
1. Your prospect feels relaxed. He doesn't have to make a decision right away.
2. Your prospect will find it easy to bring two guests. There is no pressure on the guests. They are just coming to look.
3. Your prospect doesn't feel that he is trying to make money off his guests. He doesn't pressure them or himself during the invitation.
4. Now you have three prospects at the opportunity meeting instead of one prospect.
5. If your opportunity meeting is good, your prospect is off to a great start. He'll have two potential distributors ready to go - and more importantly, your prospect knows that he can invite guests and build a business. He just did it!
I think this is a brilliant idea from Tom! If people are not willing to do this, more than likely your home-based business opportunity is not for them.
Now, another way you can pre-qualify people is learning how to grab their attention and speak to the subconscious mind. To do this, you have to learn how to really listen. Here is another good network marketing training tip from Big Al:
Are you listening? Of course not. Ouch!
Watch a music video. The scene changes every second or two. Even movies switch camera angles at a more rapid pace today.
Because people today are distracted, have a short attention span, are thinking a dozen other thoughts, are balancing more information than ever before ... and well, they just aren't listening to what you say.
The conscious mind can hold one thought at a time, and trust me, it's not yours.
What are our chances if our prospects aren't listening? About zero.
One of the 25 skills is to learn how to "freeze" our prospects' brains so that they hear the good things we say. Advertisers do it to keep us watching during commercials. We can learn those same skills if we choose.
So before you start unloading information at your prospects, first get and hold their attention.
Not familiar with the skills we need to do our business effectively? Just go to:
Tom 'Big Al' Schreiter
Fortune Network Publishing
PO Box 890084
Houston, TX 77289 USA
PO Box 890084, Houston, TX 77289 USA
I'd highly recommend you grab this resource. With Big Al, you can't go wrong!
To Your Success,
Be A Mentor With a Servant's Heart