Wow is all I can say after reading a recent Tom Schreiter "Big Al" report. I was looking for a good network marketing training tip to share and felt this would be perfect! Tom really gets down to the nitty gritty of what it takes to be successful in this profession. Makes one see why the "WORK" is in the phrase "network marketing."
So, sit back, take some notes, implement what Tom teaches, and you will be on your way to success!
To Your Success,
Be A Mentor With a Servant's Heart
Where the battle with your prospect really takes place by Tom, Big Al, Schreiter
Well, it is not really a "battle," but we need to know where to go to work.
If we are going in the wrong direction, it doesn't matter how hard we work, it's going to be ugly.
So where does the "battle" occur in our business?
In the six inches between our prospects' ears.
The flip chart, the online video, the glossy brochure ... all are meaningless unless we recognize that we must go to work inside our prospects' minds.
What do I mean? We have to fight to get our good information inside of our prospects' minds. These are tough battles.
And if we don't realize this is where we should be working, then we are sentenced to a lifetime of useless presentations and rejection. That's a pretty evil sentence.
Do you have the skills to fight these battles? Or, are you going to be a victim and complain that the prospects just aren't interested, too busy, don't have enough money, think it is a pyramid, don't know anyone, etc.?
Here are just a few of the battles that we all must learn to handle:
1. Your prospects aren't listening. They are thinking about work, bills, vacation, the dog, what's on television, how long you are going to talk, how much money they will have to spend, will the children call. Today, people have short attention spans. Which techniques will you use to stop the multitasking and thinking of your prospects so they hear your message?
2. Your prospects don't believe you. They don't believe they can do it. They don't believe they can be a salesman. They don't believe people will buy. They don't believe they know enough people. Which programs in their subconscious minds will you talk to so that they will believe? Are you competent in this skill?
3. Your prospects are afraid of change. Change means risk and possible failure. How are you addressing this concern in their minds? Are you simply adding useless chatter to their conscious minds? Are you just hoping they will be different?
4. Your prospects want to delay decisions as long as possible. They want to wait until it is "safe" to proceed. Are you simply using ancient high-pressure techniques that are quickly rejected? Or are you using "time-delay" word pictures or other effective techniques?
These are just a few of the battles that we have to manage as professional communicators. If we don't - we become brochure readers, or simply a human hyperlink to an online video. And we'll get paid accordingly.
Giving presentations to people who aren't listening, who don't believe you, who are afraid of change, and who love to procrastinate ... well, that's a life sentence to frustration.
Prospects join people. They don't join online videos and computer pixels. They join you.
Think about it. If prospects simply joined online videos, web pages, DVDs, etc. - our network marketing companies wouldn't need us!
Anyone can click, point, and pass out a brochure. But, you want to be paid as a professional.
So stop being busy reading presentations, sending prospects to online videos, etc. Instead, get professional and get paid as a professional.
Start using the tools of our profession such as:
* Magic sequences to subconscious mind programs.
* Sound bites.
* "Time-delay" word pictures.
* Special stories to bypass the negative beliefs and prejudices.
* Cognitive biases.
* Expectation management.
Learn how to talk directly to the decision-making part of the brain. Learn how to create instant rapport and belief. Learn how to do our jobs.
Start now. Let's stop filling time with ineffective presentations.
And if you don't know where to start, here is a suggestion:
Tom 'Big Al' Schreiter
Fortune Network Publishing
PO Box 890084
Houston, TX 77289 USA
PO Box 890084, Houston, TX 77289 USA