If you are in network marketing as a home-based business, you surely have experienced this:
the "revolving door" syndrome - where you recruit one person and it seems two others drop out. Obviously, this is frustrating and makes you wonder why it is so difficult to get your downline to stay active. What’s worse is to see people leaving faster than you can recruit them.
Way too often we focus so much on recruiting new downline members that we forget about the downline we already have. We focus all of our energies on the toughest part of building the business, which is recruiting. Yet we forget to take action on the easiest and really most important part: follow-up.
While follow-up may seem difficult, it is extremely important for future growth and improving your retention rates. With your MLM home business, the number of people in the downline who drop out should not be dropping out like they are. The real reason why people drop out because they are often ignored or forgotten by their up line.
Your goal for your MLM business should be to improve the retention within your own team and to be a strong leader for your downline. This should be a priority.
Below are seven strategies you MUST do to make sure "revolving door" in your organization stays tightly locked and to keep your downline active for years and not months.
1. Commit to a customer service policy. If you truly want to build a solid and profitable network marketing business, you need to implement the policy of provide service and follow-up to your downline. Remember, people join a network marketing because of you, not the product or service. They have belief that you can help them meet their goals and have something beneficial to offer.
2. Follow-up is following-through. Just because someone signs up in your network marketing company, does not mean the sale is complete. You must follow-up with your new downline member within one week. Give them a courtesy call within the week to ensure they are happy and are using the product/service. If they want to build the business, call to make certain they are tapping into the resources and getting off to a good start.
3. Staying in contact shows you care. In your prospecting and recruiting efforts, you planted seeds to start the relationship building process. Stay in touch with your downline. An autoresponsder is a great tool to use for this. You can send your downline motivational quotes, techniques that you use that are successful, inform them of new resources they can use for their business, etc. Doing this will show you care and value their business. Staying in touch will also provide you with an opportunity to get additional business and to strengthen the relationship.
4. Anticipate the needs of your downline. By staying in contact, you can anticipate or stay ahead of your downline needs. You will strengthen your relationship and will more fully understand their current needs. This ultimately leads to anticipation of future needs. Try to always think ahead. This will help you keep your downline happy and satisfied.
5. Keep a database on members in your network marketing home business downline. As your business grows, it will become impossible to keep all downline information and individual needs in your head. You must create customer files with personal information on your downline. This can include their likes, dislikes, goals, passions, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. You get the idea.
6. Work closely with your downline members and be supportive. No one is guaranteed success. However, you will be amazed at how high of a success rate you will have with those you personally sponsor when you work closely with them and support their efforts. Keep in mind some people will never do what they need to do and you can't change that. But, if you provide support and show you care, you improve the retention of your downline.
7. Create intimacy with your downline. Be genuine in your concern for your members. Show them you are not just in it to get their money. You must go above and beyond to assist people in getting what they want and need. The difference between you and your competition boils down to one thing - customer service. If you provide value through concern for them as a person and deliver quality customer service in every way possible, you will find your members will be there for the long term.
If you want an active and productive downline in your network marketing home-based business, keep in mind, the stability of your residual income will be in direct proportion to your personal follow-up and customer service. Make follow-up and customer service your PRIORITY! Your wealth and your downline members depend on it!