Many people jump into online business enterprises and neglect real-world or offline advertising opportunities to grow their operations. A good mix of offline ads with your online campaign is good strategic planning. It helps present your message and even reinforce it for those who have already spotted your online presence. Plus you can target people who have Internet access and email capabilities by remembering to add your URL or web site address and / or your e-mail, autoresponder or ezine subscription address in all of your promotions.
To make the most of your offline advertising, here are a few tips from the pros:
1. COMPUTER RELATED – When placing print classified or display ads targeting a website, target magazines that have a computer related section for your ad, when possible. This will help attract people with Internet access and email.
2. LISTS – Purchase or rent postal mailing lists and set up regular direct mail campaigns. If you make sure the lists include email addresses, you’ll be able to cross promote via email and know they probably have Internet access, too, to help draw them to your site.
3. COMMERCIAL SPOTS – Check into commercial spots on local cable television. Pricing ranges vary, and you could get a bargain early morning spot & catch business people who are early risers. Target your campaign around shows that feature Internet use / computers, too, when you can. See about being in the same spot just before or after a regularly scheduled program to target the same readers over and over, so that they’ll commit your site to memory and click it on.
4. DECKS / MAILERS - Advertise with other businesses in card decks or direct mail packages. Check to make sure they are targeted for your audience.
5. EVENT MARKETING – Create a CD-ROM, disk or DVD about your website, products and services. And distribute them at trade shows, workshops and other special events. Note: Have your contact information and website on the cover in case the items do not function right when installed.
6. FREEBIES - Give away free pens, pencils, mouse pads, note pads, yellow stickies, etc. that carry your website on them and contact information. Put your advertising on the mouse pads and give them away at computer or internet events.
So reach out and advertise offline to compliment your online strategy. And remember to include your URL or web site address and / or your e-mail, autoresponder or ezine subscription address in all of your promotions.